Betty Makoni was in London this October, to talk about the work of the Girl Child Network and the Empowerment model she created. LDC News Service interviewed her about her work and her success in galvanising young girls with its message of “Do it, Try it”. Betty Makoni began 15 years ago Zimbabwe setting up a club for ten girls who had dropped out of school. This has grown to 35,000 girls in the clubs worldwide, and her method of empowering young women adopted in over 100 countries. Continue reading
LDC Blog Posts
Receive Our Newsletter
- Climate change talks in Poland: Rich countries are not paying their fair share says civil society
- LDCs know Paris Agreement needs strong rules, if their countries are not to face extinction
- LDCs must nurture dynamic businesses that create jobs and help end poverty, says new UN Report
- Women’s groups from Asia Pacific concerned aboout Poland’s plan to suppress civil society at COP24
- Climate change is plunging Senegal’s herders into poverty.
Google Translate This PagePowered by Google Translate.