LDC Blog Posts
Receive Our Newsletter
- COP24 fails to reach deal to help LDCs
- Climate change talks in Poland: Rich countries are not paying their fair share says civil society
- LDCs know Paris Agreement needs strong rules, if their countries are not to face extinction
- LDCs must nurture dynamic businesses that create jobs and help end poverty, says new UN Report
- Women’s groups from Asia Pacific concerned aboout Poland’s plan to suppress civil society at COP24
Google Translate This PagePowered by Google Translate.
Augusto Ramos Soares and fellow marathon runner Juventina Napoleao, 23, are the only Timorese athletes who will compete at the Olympics this year. Their participation is no small feat for a country still shaking off a past so violent that locals like to joke: “The last time I ran, it was because Indonesian troops were chasing me.” Continue reading
More than two years after the January 2010 earthquake in Haiti, NGOs and private contractors are continuing to provide 80 percent of the country’s social services
April 7, Bankok With extreme weather pounding countries across a wide arc in the Asia-Pacific region, questions hover over entitlements for millions of people displaced by climate change, pledged under the Green Climate Fund (GCF) and other sources.