Augusto Ramos Soares and fellow marathon runner Juventina Napoleao, 23, are the only Timorese athletes who will compete at the Olympics this year. Their participation is no small feat for a country still shaking off a past so violent that locals like to joke: “The last time I ran, it was because Indonesian troops were chasing me.” Continue reading
LDC Blog Posts
Receive Our Newsletter
- Africa’s ascent on the global stage — Can the continent become a cohesive foreign policy actor?
- RCEP to benefit poorer countries in the region
- WHO establishes Council on the Economics of Health for All
- How countries are raising debt to fight COVID and why developing nations face tougher choices
- Qatar takes part in virtual meeting of LDC in New York
Google Translate This PagePowered by Google Translate.